Coronavirus on Campus: 7 Ways to Use Your CMS as a Super Tool for Crisis Management
Is your college or university prepared to meet the challenges that come with disasters and emergencies?
As if wildfires, polar vortexes, tornadoes, and hurricanes weren’t enough to disrupt business as usual, the world is now grappling with COVID-19, or Coronavirus. No doubt your college or university has developed a crisis plan of some sort, but there’s no better time than now to make sure you have the tools in place to help your campus stay safe. Remember, knowledge is power and in many cases, it can be a lifesaver.
Delve into the ways a powerful, flexible, and scalable CMS can help you disseminate messaging, update your audience, educate students and faculty about crisis concerns, and keep them safe.
Knowing that our team at OmniUpdate can be just as affected by potential threats, we put together this white paper to explain how you can better leverage your content management system (CMS) as a super tool to wield when dealing with the pending disaster and aftermath of campus crises.
In this white paper, you'll learn how to:
- Implement the three Bs of crisis planning.
- Craft messaging that is helpful, empathetic, and direct.
- Develop a microsite or designated web pages for crisis management.
- Deploy Emergency Alerts that advertise ways to learn more.
- Use email and social media to disseminate information.
- Leverage the cloud for your website and CMS.