Poor planning is the top mistake organizations make when approaching public cloud adoption. With the pressure to transform while maintaining IT operations, public cloud projects often suffer from rushed implementations, lack of expertise and inadequate organizational support. Before the first chunk of data ever moves to the cloud, there are a myriad of decisions to be made.
Our white paper, 10 Steps to Success in the Public Cloud, boils those decisions down to ten milestones to guide your strategy and planning activities.
Whether you’re starting out or stalled out, review these important considerations to get on track. The white paper covers:
- Planning frameworks and best practices
- Ways to foster education and communication
- Tips on building your business case and selecting pilot workloads
- Strategies to address security and governance
- Automation and migration methodologies